Cultural Heritage

Andreas Hofer Monument, Mantua

Andreas Hofer (San Leonardo in Passiria, 22 November 1767 - Mantua, 20 February 1810) was an innkeeper and a horse dealer, then a Tyrolean patriot against French occupying force.
In

Read More

Borgoforte fort

Also called Forte Centrale or Forte Magnaguti, this was built in 1859, along with Forte Noyon in Motteggiana, on the right bank of the River Po, and the Rocchetta and

Read More

Casalmaggiore – Garibaldi Square (Piazza Garibaldi)

Designed in the 17th century, it was originally made of beaten earth. In 1813 was paved thanks to a testamentary bequest left by nobleman Leopoldo Molossi, and obtained the current appearance.

Read More

Castel D'Ario castle

Castel d’Ario Castle was a strategic element of a defensive system into the Mantuan territory, together with Castelbelforte and Villimpenta Castles, placed on the borderline with Veneto.
Castel D'Ario

Read More

Chamber Historical Archive

The Historical Archive of the Chamber of Commerce, that owns rich historical-economical documents dating from the 14th to the 19th century, also has an educational and museum function thanks to

Read More

Complex of the Torriana

This residence with main house, church and other buildings, dated 1650, reflects the influence of Giulio Romano.
The church is the most important architectural building, with an entrance loggia and staircases.

Read More

Corte Spinosa

A major example of a 16C rural complex. The mainresidence consists in a long portico and mansion, also porticoed, in front of which stand a granary, landing stage and depot.

Read More

Estensi Tower - Casalmaggiore

The medieval walls erected to defend the city were demolished between 16th and 17th century. Only the Tower remains of the old military complex.

Read More

Lodi, ex-church and ex-convent of Saint Christopher

Lodi had had a church devoted to Saint Christopher since 1150-1200, property of the order of the Umiliati. In 1522, with the intention of founding a new confraternity, the Prior

Read More

Monument to the 'Mondinas'

Created by the local council in 1998, this commemorates the seasonal workers who toiled in the numerous rice paddies in the area on the left side Mincio from the early

Read More

Pietole fort

This stronghold, built to defend Mantua in the early 19C, was partially destroyed by an explosion in May 1917. The French and Austrians incorporated the fort into the great fortifications

Read More

Pizzighettone,Circle of walls

They are a rare example of military fortification conceived in the Middles Ages, starting from the 12th century, and continuously renovated and improved between the 16th and 19th century, in

Read More

The Mill on the Po River

The Mill is a reproduction of one of the mills that were located on the Po River more than one hundred years ago. The Mill is totally integrated with the touristic contest of the area, characterized by the landing place and the equipped quay area

Read More

Torrazzo

A tower rising to approximately 20 metres that closes Palazzo Gonzaga-Acerbi to the east. It was constructed between the late 15C and the first half of the 16C, a period

Read More

Torre d` Oglio pontoon bridge

Between 1750 and 1926, people paid a toll to be taken across the River Oglio on rafts and ferries. In 1926, the towns of Viadana, Marcaria and Dosolo formed a

Read More

Villa Galvagnina Vecchia

This Renaissance mansion once belonged to the Gonzagas and contains frescoes by Giulio Romano or, more likely, pupils of the famous master.
The square building has an irregular square plan and

Read More

Villa Mina della Scala

Casteldidone, 30 km from Cremona, is on the old main Giuseppina road, in the direction of the border with the Mantova area. Just outside the village, villa
Mina della Scala,

Read More

Villa Zani

Built for the Gonzaga family between 1528 and 1561, this villa is an interesting example of the work of Giulio Romano, who was also admired by Palladio.
The piano nobile centres

Read More

Villa la Favorita

A sumptuous Gonzaga villa built between 1615 and 1624, under the direction of the architect Nicolò Sebregondi, for Duke Ferdinando, who perhaps wanted to install his court here amid lush

Read More

Villimpenta Scaliger castle

This castle was built by the Scaliger family with a plan shaped as an irregular pentagon; two polygonal towers and a massive corner tower remain. The castle originally had a

Read More