- Web site
- 0376 398856 (Pro Loco)
- Street and number
- Circonvallazione Strada Guerrina
- Porto Mantovano
A sumptuous Gonzaga villa built between 1615 and 1624, under the direction of the architect Nicolò Sebregondi, for Duke Ferdinando, who perhaps wanted to install his court here amid lush gardens outside the city.
The original building was three times larger than today’s but was repeatedly damaged, semi-demolished in the last century and struck by fire in 1913. Despite this, it retains its monumental appearance, embellished by a large loggia.